Out of touch and Friday Feast

Bad Allie - I've really not been good about updating my blog! Almost 2 mos since the last update! I really have been stitching (on the Santa stocking) and have lots of progress to share! In the meantime, I'll do last week's Friday Feast:

Appetizer - When was the last time you had your hair cut/trimmed?
Just before 4th of July. I'm really bad about doing it often enough. The cut before that was sometime in winter!

Soup - Name one thing you miss about being a child.
I've been feeling nostalgic the last couple weeks. I think it started when I was out in the yard and decided to lay down in the grass to take a break from mowing. It felt like such an age since I'd done that. When I lived in Miami, I would go lay in the grass before a thunderstorm (not sure that's safe/advisable) and watch the clouds roll in, then watch as the big drops began to fall. So I think I miss being excited to experience those simple pleasures that come with curiosity. I used to save bees from the swimming pool, setting them on the edge where the water would absorb into the hot concrete. I would look at them up close as they dried off, falling over until their wings were dry. I miss the details you notice when everything is new and other priorities aren't pulling you away.

Salad - Pick one: butter, margarine, olive oil.
Olive oil.

Main Course - If you could learn another language, which one would you pick, and why?
Swedish - it would be fun to have a connection to my ancestors and maybe visit where they came from.

Dessert - Finish this sentence: In 5 years I expect to be…
36! and a Mom.

0 comments: