(Late) Friday's Feast

Appetizer Have you ever played a practical joke on anyone? If so, what did you do and who was your victim?

When I was little I thought is was really funny to jump out from behind corners & scare people. My Dad broke me of that when, after I jumped out, he collapsed on the floor, pretending he was dead. He carried it on for a long time - I though I had killed him! I was never much of a practical joker after that.

Soup What do your salt and pepper shakers look like?

They're brightly colored pottery ones that I bought in Orvieto, Italy when I was travelling. They look a lot like the ones on the left, but they're more blue. They survived for 2 weeks in my suitcase, along with a bunch of other purchases. I mailed them, along with other souveniers, from Paris. Almost everything fragile in that box broke, including the handle on the S&P holder, but the shakers themselves survived!

Salad Where is the next place you plan to visit (on vacation or business)?
Drew & I would like to take a road trip along the Pacific coast, from Oregon to San Franciso/Monterrey area. My grandparents used to live in Los Altos, CA (Near Stanford) and I'd love to show D. my favorite places & catch up with old friends.

Main Course What kind of lotion or cream do you use to keep your hands from getting too dry?
It's crazy expensive, but I love the combination of Crabtree & Evelyn "Goatsmilk" Hand recovery cream and lotion. You rub the Recovery cream on & it has these granules that exfoliate; then you add a little water & it turns into a lather. It's amazing how good my hands feel after I wash that off and then put on their Hand Therapy lotion (I like the Rosewater one). http://store.crabtree-evelyn.com/hand-cream-goa107279.html
Dessert Make up a dessert, tell us its ingredients, and give it a name.
I love Poppy seed anything; so a pound cake with poppy seeds, garnished with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. I'd call it Poppy Delight!

0 comments: