Finished with CDC & some other progress pics

Guess I took some blogging vacation in addition to my work vacation! Luckily, I did get some stitching time in. My original plan was to wrap up some ornaments, then finish Cirque before New Year's so I could start the Beatrix Potter Ackworth sampler. But, the best laid plans...so I didn't finish by New Year's, but I finished New Year's Day. This completes Cirque & makes it my first finish of 2009!

Ink Circles' - Cirque des Cercles
Caron Waterlilies "Monsoon" on R&R 32ct "Weathered Barn"


Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I also spent a bit more time on Blackbird's "Mystery Sampler", finishing the 2nd part. The biggest mystery for me is "When will the last part be released?" I love how this one is turning out & I can't wait to get the next 2 sections done.

Blackbird Design's "Mystery Sampler"
WDW & GAST on WDW "Straw" linen

On Jan 2, I started Beatrix Potter's Ackworth School sampler. I'm doing this one with the ladies over at the BP SAL. I'm thinking if I do a minimum of 2 motifs a month, I'll have it finished by the end of the year. For anyone else doing this one; are you keeping the initials as is, or are you switching them out with your own? Drew's sister K gave me a Beatrix Potter biography that I'm really enjoying. It's fun to learn about the woman behind the books & makes me feel more connected to the sampler.

Needlepoint Inc - Beatrix Potter's Ackworth Sampler
WDW "Lancaster Red" on 36ct R&R Creme Brulee linen (1 over 2)

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations on your CdC finish! It is beautiful!

Margie said...

Beautiful CDC! Mine is about an 1/8 of the way done but I really want to finish it soon. I'm not sure when the last mystery section will be out. I'm thinking mid-February. :-)

Jennifer said...

Congratulations - it's GORGEOUS!!! Can't wait to see it all framed up

Janet said...

Your CdC is fabulous!! Great colour choices. I'm itching to pull this chart out of my stash now that I've seen yours. Love the mystery sampler too.