Second Father Winter Progress Pic

This picture shows the progress I've made in the last two weeks or so on Father Winter. After doing some of the coat colors, I got bored with them, so concentrated on the face. You can see that the upper part of his body has had a little more attention! I'm trying to discipline myself to do a bit of the boring coat and then mix in a bit of the fun things he has in his bag, etc.
I was surprised how bright the color in his cheeks was when I first stitched it (does Santa have rosacea?) but now it seems to work with the rest.
Drew loves how he's coming along, and I'm really happy he likes it since it's the first thing I've made for him. The other night he said "You're better with a needle & thread than most surgeons", so that was sweet ;)
 Posted by Picasa

0 comments: