Mother's Day Weekend Stitchings


I had a fun weekend visiting with family for Mother's Day out of town this past weekend. I had some time to stitch and worked on a few projects.
I haven't been to a stitching store in a while, but heard about punch embroidery. It sounded like fun, so I gave it a shot and bought a few things to try it out. Above is my first little project. I learned as I went along, so you can see some areas are more sparse than others.The canvas that it's worked on is pretty inexpensive, the most expensive part was the punch needle. I can see how using a lot of overdyed threads could increase the cost, because it uses a lot of thread to cover the design area. I saw a really cute ornament at the store that I'd love to make, so I'm going to practice some more before I attempt that one.

The next little project was from the 2005 Just Cross Stitch Ornament Issue. It's Shepherd's Bush "As Bethlehem Slept" and I finished it yesterday. I bought it as a kit from my new LNS here in Madison, Stitcher's Crossing.

0 comments: