Monday Morning Question

This Monday question comes from a forum I like to frequent:

If you could take any class you wanted, in any subject, what would you choose to learn about?

Oh, there are so many things to learn about!!

There were two classes I really wanted to take in college, but never did because of time/prerequisites. I'd really like to take a philosophy class on Existentialism. I took the Pre-Hellenistic & Ancient philosophy class (and, big geek, was the only one with 100% on the final!) which was a pre-req, but couldn't fit the next into my schedule. I could probably read the books on my own, but I would miss the Professor's perspective on interpretation and how the beliefs fit into history.
The other I would like to take would be an astronomy course. All the classes at Michigan State required lots of math and physics. I'd really like to find one that is geared toward a beginner. I love the feeling of seeing so many stars in a dark sky. It makes me feel very small - both in relative size and in just how little we know about our world. There's a great book called "Just 6 Numbers" if you like having your mind boggled!
I also think it would be fun to do a hands on course: a stained glass class or artisan breads. I've been getting into bread making recently, and would love to know how to make some of those beautiful French loaves.

What would you want to take a class in?

3 comments:

Cari said...

I agree....so many things to learn about! Maybe a language class or history of europe...
What an interesting question!

XXXX
Cari

Jennifer said...

I'd probably take a class in interior design. I've always been interested in it but never pursued it.

It's been a while since I've been on your actual blog (I use a reader). Is this a new design? Because I LOVE it!

Janet said...

I have a list as long as my arm but it's kind of geared towards hands rather than brain these days! (I wonder if I will ever get my mind back, it seems like so long ago that I lost it). I'm with you on the stained glass and artisan beads, I'd also like to learn how to make my own frames and frame my own needlework. I've always wanted to do a Sushi course and learn to speak Italian above toddler level!
Oh, and thanks for your kind comments - made me feel a lot better!