Splendor IX Progress

I've been working on this kit from the Heart's Content a lot in the past week or so. It's one-over-one on 40ct. fabric, so it's rather slow going! I usually stitch over 2 on 32 count fabrics; I don't have to "see" the holes in the fabric so much as "feel" where my needle should go. On this project I'm having to do a lot more checking to make sure that I haven't inadvertently stitched over two threads.
Also surprising to me is that I find this more difficult than silk gauze. Maybe part of that is because silk gauze uses half (or tent) stitches, but it also seems that the holes in silk gauze are easier to see. I love how these look when they're done, but it is a lot of work!
I didn't stitch much today - finally got around to tackling some of the paperwork piled up in our house. I'd love to have one of those serenely clutter-free places, it just doesn't seem to work out that way!